Best back pain surgeon in Plano
Most people have experienced back pains at least once in their lifetime, particularly office workers that seat on office chairs for long or regular weight lifters. Back pains are often as a result of accidents, muscle strains, lack of exercises, age and diseases. Fortunately, you can take precautions to prevent back pains in most cases.
However, in case of acute back pains or an injury that requires surgery; it is highly recommended that you seek professional advice or surgery services from the best back pain surgeon in Plano, Dr. Kevin James.
Common symptoms of back pain include:
- Muscle pains in the lower or middle back, particularly after standing or sitting for long periods of time
• Persistent aching anywhere along the spine
• Back pain that starts from the lower back and travels down the buttock, to the thighs, and even lower parts of the leg
• Sharp pains in the lower or upper back especially when lifting heavy items or just when bending and standing
• Inability to stand straight for a while without experiencing pain or muscle spasms in your lower back
Common causes of back pain
Muscle strain– Strained muscles, strained ligaments, and muscle spasms are the most common causes of back pain. They are often as a result of lifting something improperly, lifting an excessively heavy weight or a strenuous movement.
Structural problems– Structural problems that may result in back pains include ruptured discs, bulging discs, arthritis, sciatica, osteoporosis, and abnormal curvature of the spine among others. This are often identified through X-ray scans and a professional back pain doctor will explain what each means in detail.
Everyday activities or poor posture-Everyday activities such as overstretching, bending badly, pushing and pulling heavy things, standing or bending for too long, and sitting in a bending position when driving or using a computer are also common causes of back pain.
Other causes-Other causes include infection of the spine, cancer of the spine, shingles, sleep disorders, and the Cauda equine syndrome.
How can you prevent back pains?
- Exercise– Regular exercises that don’t strain or jolt your back will strengthen and increase the endurance of your back while allowing its muscles to function better.
• Maintain a healthy body weight-Being overweight strains the back muscles and hence trimming down the weight can help prevent back pains.
• Practice healthy body mechanics– Ensure that you lift weights in the right way, stand and sit in the right posture, and carry out exercises such as dead-lifts in the right manner.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or have been involved in a serious back injury that requires surgery, consult the best back pain surgeon in Plano for conclusive tests and treatment!